The Merged Religion of Rome with "Christianity" | Forum

Jim Admin
Jim Dec 11 '17

Source link: How Constantine (First Roman Emperor) outlawed the Sabbath?

In 321 CE, Constantine issued the decree making Sunday a mandatory day of rest:

“On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain-sowing or for vine-planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost” (Letter of Constantine, 321 CE)

In 325 AD –Roman Emperor Constantine, and the Nicean Council meeting comprising of 1,500 Bishops throughout the Roman Empire give much weight to outlaw the Sabbath. His official policy regarding Torah observance is expressed in his words

Let us  have nothing in common with the detestable Jewish rabble”.

The decisions made at Nicea defined the course the church would take place henceforth. Later Church councils followed suit, and new legislation was introduced to forbid Christians from observing Sabbath. Constantine said:

“I renounce all customs, legalisms, unleavened breads and sacrifices of lambs of the Hebrews And all the other Feasts of the Hebrews, sacrifices, prayers, aspirations, purifications, and Propitiations and fast and new moons and sabbaths and superstitions and hymns and chants, And observances and synagogues, absolutely everything Jewish, every law, rite and custom and if Afterwards I shall wish to deny and return to Jewish superstition, or shall be found eating with Jews Or feasting with them, or secretly  conversing and condemning the Christian religion instead of openly Confuting them and condemning their vain faith, then let the trembling of Cain and the leprosy of Gehazi Cleave to me, as well as the legal punishments to which I acknowledge myself liable. And may I be an anathema in the world to come, and may my soul be set down with Satan and the devils.”  (stcfano Assemani, Acta Sanctorium Martyrum Orientaliom at Accidentalium, Vol. 1 Rome 1748 page 105

Furthermore, any follower of the “Jewish Messiah” who wishes to join this “holy community” Was compelled to adopt a different set of rules and customs. Subsequently special creeds were drafted, to which the Christian would have to swear such as:

I accept all customs, rites, legalism, and feast of the Romans, sacrifices, prayers, purifications with water, sanctifications by Pontificus Maxmus ( high priest of Rome), propitiations, and feast and the NEW SABBATH “ SOL DIE” (sun god) all new chants and observances, and all the foods and drinks of the Romans. In other words, I absolutely accept everything Roman, every new law, rite and custom of Rome and the New Roman Religion”

Additionally, in approximately 365 AD, the Catholic Council of Laodicea wrote, in one of their canons:

Christians must not judaize by resting on the sabbath, but must work on that day, rather, honoring the Adonai’ Day. But if any shall be found to be Judaizers, let them be anathema (against) from Christ”

The Forum post is edited by Jim Dec 11 '17
This topic is sticky